Skip to main content

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce



We are having a cold Spring so far this year so we are not barbecuing that much even though we are all eager to get outside and enjoy some warm weather.  It just hasn't arrived yet.  So, here is a Spring-type dish that I've made twice recently and it passed the family taste test.  I've made it for a family dinner when the kids and grandkids came over and they all loved this dinner. 


We usually have the grandkids spend one or two nights here over the weekend to give mom and dad a little bit of a break and then everyone comes for dinner on Sunday.  I am always thinking of family meals to prepare and to experiment with on my family.  I served this recipe with a big bowl of fettuccine mixed with the sauce of this recipe because it makes a lot of very tasty sauce.  You will want to lick up every bite of it.  Sometimes I make meals in the crockpot if we are out and about with the grandkids on the weekend, like last weekend when we took them to the Seattle Center

                     

and we rode the monorail which is always a thrill for kids



and then we ate lunch at Dick's for the first time so now we can say that the grandkids are true Seattleites.  

                          

The weekend before last, we went to the beach since it was sunny although it was still slightly chilly but like I said, we're eager to start doing warm-weather stuff around here even if it isn't exactly warm. 



Afterwards, we came home and had hot chocolate around the fire and ate some leftover Easter treats. 



For Mother's Day, Bruce barbecued Cornish game hens which is one of the grandkids favorite meals since game hens are little chickens just their size.  I did not have to do any cooking which was a treat for me and I just let everyone entertain me all day. 
 



It was too cool to eat outside but it wasn't raining so at least we could go outside for some  photo opts. 




We all had a wonderful Mother's Day this year and managed to get in a barbecued dinner.  But if you happen to live in a cooler climate like we do where we've had more rain so far than typically falls in the entire month of May, you can enjoy this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Spring-like recipe (a lot of our country is actually the opposite of us and are having heat waves now).  I got this recipe from Peace, Love and Low Carb blog where I've been getting some recipes lately since following The Freese Method.  My family doesn't follow low carb so it's easy enough to just add a starchy component to the meal for them like the fettuccine.  If you're like us and waiting for barbecue season to arrive, enjoy this recipe now and enjoy the ups and downs that Spring weather seems to bring. 

Serves 4

For the Sauce:
2 cups of heavy cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese

For the Chicken:
2 eggs
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/4 cup olive oil
2 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced

1.  In a small saucepan over medium heat to medium-high heat, combine the heavy cream, garlic, lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning.  Slowly bring to a gentle boil and then reduce the heat to low to simmer.  Once the sauce starts to simmer and has small bubbles around the edge of the pan, add the Parmesan cheese.  Mix until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce.  Continue to let simmer, stirring occasionally while you prepare the chicken.   



2.  Set up two shallow bowls.  In one bowl, crack the eggs and use a fork to whisk them to make an egg wash.  In the second bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese and dried Italian seasoning. 

                       

3.  Coat the chicken with the egg wash and then liberally coat with the parmesan mixture.  Repeat process with each piece of chicken. 

                   

4.  Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.  Once the pan is heated and the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan.  Cook for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown on the bottom.  Flip and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the other side is golden brown and crispy.  


5.  Remove the chicken from the pan and top with the sauce.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatloaf by Mark Bittman

Once again, I turned on the television yesterday and saw that Mark Bittman was on the Today show and was making his version of  meatloaf .  This must be meatloaf season.  It was surprisingly similar to the  Pioneer Woman's version  who was also recently on.   I was a little surprised of his version because Mark Bittman is into healthy eating and has lost a lot of weight and improved his health by changing his diet which he writes about in his book,  Food Matters .  His meatloaf recipe also included bacon and cheese!  I must be doing something wrong.  The thing to remember, which he writes about in his book, is that you can eat healthy without going extreme or changing your whole life.    If you don't know who Mark Bittman is, he is a food writer and a four star chef with multiple cookbooks who loves to eat but changed his food philosophy to improve his health.  He tells his story in Food Matters and provides a plan for responsible eating that covers a no-nonsense rundown on

Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't have very many gluten-free cookies on my blog because quite frankly, I usually don't like gluten-free.  But occasionally, I do find a good recipe and this is one that is from the back of the Trader Joe's oatmeal and it's a good one.  My friend brought some over to our house last weekend when Nick and family were here for our birthday celebrations  and we all loved them. My friends lives a few blocks away and we walk the neighborhood together on weekends.  We can easily go 5 miles in no time, talking non-stop.  She loves exploring our neighborhood as much as I do and we discover so many favorite little spots.  We even found a property with a horse (or more like a pony, I should say.)   The views are always quite lovely, too.  Bruce and I had our thirty-ninth wedding anniversary on July 18th and I made a point of walking past the house where we had our wedding reception.  I told my friend, "Thirty-nine years ago today, there was a big party g

Spinach Stuffed Cod

Last night, I was in the mood for a healthy dinner so decided to experiment with a recipe I found from a blog called Creative in My Kitchen . Lauren and Ari brought us French cookies back from their trip to Paris and I basically inhaled them. They were so good! We were cat-sitting their two cats while they were gone. They liked lounging in the strangest places...  I found one of their toys while I was cleaning so Lauren stopped by last night to pick it up on her way home from work. I was experimenting with this recipe which originally called for chicken breast but I thought it sounded good to substitute fish instead since I'm always looking for good fish recipes. We all thought it was totally delicious. When I went to the grocery store, they had Icelandic cod on sale so I bought about 2 pounds of that. You could use any white fish for this recipe such as:                                                                   true cod or other cod rockfish halibut had