Skip to main content

Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule


The holiday season is official here so who wants a festive drink?  We all do, admit it.  How about a refreshing Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule?  These are a little different from my other Holiday Moscow Mules because you use sparkling apple cider instead of lime juice.  The sparkling apple cider gives it more a "fall" theme and they are super easy to prepare.


Makes 1 drink

1.  Fill cup full of ice. 

2.  Add:  2 oz. of vodka
         1 oz. cranberry cocktail
          a full shot (1-1/2 oz) sparkling apple juice
          
3.  Fill cup to the top with ginger beer

4.  Garnish with sliced limes and cranberries

I hosted a post-Thanksgiving dinner at our house yesterday and served these drinks along with an array of appetizers while we waited for everyone to arrive. 



We had Thanksgiving at my sister's house so I wanted to host an informal pot-luck post-Thanksgiving gathering.  Here are scenes from our Thanksgiving:


I loved how she did our place settings




and the table was so festive for all fourteen of us to gather and give thanks. 


 I wanted to cook a turkey, too, because I love having the leftovers and to be able to use all the bones for turkey soup. And a post-Thanksgiving gathering is a good way to eat all the leftovers from Thanksgiving.  Since it is a pot-luck, we set up one big table and let people eat where ever they want around the house.  The table is, of course, the most popular spot. 


Bruce and I brined a turkey which is our favorite way of fixing a turkey.  We also made more stuffing, more rolls, more mashed potatoes and more gravy.  We set it up buffet-style in the kitchen.  It was another feast and who doesn't love another feast. 


But nobody gets tired of Thanksgiving food even if it's two days in a row.


The rest of the food was leftover like the green gelatin salad, cranberry sauce, yams, and pies.  


This post-Thanksgiving meal is more informal and it's nice to see family who were at other places for Thanksgiving.  We had more people post-Thanksgiving than at our actual Thanksgiving!  And the turkey butter made his appearance once again. 


My favorite holiday has come to an end.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatloaf by Mark Bittman

Once again, I turned on the television yesterday and saw that Mark Bittman was on the Today show and was making his version of  meatloaf .  This must be meatloaf season.  It was surprisingly similar to the  Pioneer Woman's version  who was also recently on.   I was a little surprised of his version because Mark Bittman is into healthy eating and has lost a lot of weight and improved his health by changing his diet which he writes about in his book,  Food Matters .  His meatloaf recipe also included bacon and cheese!  I must be doing something wrong.  The thing to remember, which he writes about in his book, is that you can eat healthy without going extreme or changing your whole life.    If you don't know who Mark Bittman is, he is a food writer and a four star chef with multiple cookbooks who loves to eat but changed his food philosophy to improve his health.  He tells his story in Food Matters and provides a plan for responsible eating that covers a no-nonsense rundown on

Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't have very many gluten-free cookies on my blog because quite frankly, I usually don't like gluten-free.  But occasionally, I do find a good recipe and this is one that is from the back of the Trader Joe's oatmeal and it's a good one.  My friend brought some over to our house last weekend when Nick and family were here for our birthday celebrations  and we all loved them. My friends lives a few blocks away and we walk the neighborhood together on weekends.  We can easily go 5 miles in no time, talking non-stop.  She loves exploring our neighborhood as much as I do and we discover so many favorite little spots.  We even found a property with a horse (or more like a pony, I should say.)   The views are always quite lovely, too.  Bruce and I had our thirty-ninth wedding anniversary on July 18th and I made a point of walking past the house where we had our wedding reception.  I told my friend, "Thirty-nine years ago today, there was a big party g

Spinach Stuffed Cod

Last night, I was in the mood for a healthy dinner so decided to experiment with a recipe I found from a blog called Creative in My Kitchen . Lauren and Ari brought us French cookies back from their trip to Paris and I basically inhaled them. They were so good! We were cat-sitting their two cats while they were gone. They liked lounging in the strangest places...  I found one of their toys while I was cleaning so Lauren stopped by last night to pick it up on her way home from work. I was experimenting with this recipe which originally called for chicken breast but I thought it sounded good to substitute fish instead since I'm always looking for good fish recipes. We all thought it was totally delicious. When I went to the grocery store, they had Icelandic cod on sale so I bought about 2 pounds of that. You could use any white fish for this recipe such as:                                                                   true cod or other cod rockfish halibut had