Skip to main content

Beach Bungalow


My birthday week celebration continues.  We are loving our beach rental on Puget Sound in Seattle.



Bruce and I feel like we are on a cruise because we hear the waves constantly and it is so soothing and relaxing.




We occasionally see the cruise ships pass by which is another reason we feel like we're on a cruise.


I actually took a nap on Saturday as Bruce went out with my two brothers on the annual Pub Crawl in Seattle. 


  It started off at 9:00 am sharp with breakfast at Hale's.


They then proceeded to go to Populuxe Brewing

   
Stoup Brewing


Jolly Roger Taproom


If you remember rule #1, well, I sort of broke it again...But after 5 breweries, they really didn't care at this point. 


Lauren and I met them at Elysian Fields brewery before the Mariner game on Saturday, even though "no girls allowed" on the pub crawl.  It was Iwakuma bobble head night at Safeco Field and we had to get our bobble heads before they ran out of this free give-a-way to the first 20,000 fans.  The pub crawlers got the last parking spot on this street and after pub crawling all day, here's how you save your spot...



But it's worth getting a good parking spot because Elysian is our favorite spot to meet and they have great beer.   I had the Split Shot - espresso milk stout and Lauren had the Dark of the Moon Pumpkin Stout.("spookily smooth and chocolatey") Lauren likes to go to Elysian's pumpkin festival in the fall and loves their pumpkin beers.


Nick also joined us, straight from Japan, as Sachiyo crashed from jet lag at the hotel.  (He soon crashed a few hours later...)  But on Sunday, Nick and Sachiyo were both feeling well rested and we all went to the Mariner game together.



Before the game we met at F.X. McRory's, one of our favorite places.  Do you like oysters for breakfast?  You do if you go to F.X. Mcrory's... it's their speciality.  It was also a good place to watch the World Cup finals.




In the evenings, we will go for a walk at the beach bungalow and watch the sunset.


Lauren has stayed over night with us because she loves the place so much, too.


In one direction you see the lights of the city and in the other direction you see the sunset over the Olympics.


It's the perfect setting for a relaxing vacation.






Comments

  1. It is nice to have your family together! Joni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually get together pretty often considering Nick is in Japan, we're in Idaho and Lauren is in Seattle. Seattle is good in-between meeting point.

      Delete
    2. It looks like a wonderful family vacation!!! Dave says he can taste the oysters after looking at the photos. What a great time!!!!!~~~Cindy & Dave

      Delete
    3. I love oysters and so does everyone else in my family. We must have them whenever we go to places where we can smell the salt water in the air. Oysters are like eating a burst of the sea! This was a great seafood vacation, for sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meatloaf by Mark Bittman

Once again, I turned on the television yesterday and saw that Mark Bittman was on the Today show and was making his version of  meatloaf .  This must be meatloaf season.  It was surprisingly similar to the  Pioneer Woman's version  who was also recently on.   I was a little surprised of his version because Mark Bittman is into healthy eating and has lost a lot of weight and improved his health by changing his diet which he writes about in his book,  Food Matters .  His meatloaf recipe also included bacon and cheese!  I must be doing something wrong.  The thing to remember, which he writes about in his book, is that you can eat healthy without going extreme or changing your whole life.    If you don't know who Mark Bittman is, he is a food writer and a four star chef with multiple cookbooks who loves to eat but changed his food philosophy to improve his health.  He tells his story in Food Matters and provides a plan for responsible eating that covers a no-nonsense rundown on

Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't have very many gluten-free cookies on my blog because quite frankly, I usually don't like gluten-free.  But occasionally, I do find a good recipe and this is one that is from the back of the Trader Joe's oatmeal and it's a good one.  My friend brought some over to our house last weekend when Nick and family were here for our birthday celebrations  and we all loved them. My friends lives a few blocks away and we walk the neighborhood together on weekends.  We can easily go 5 miles in no time, talking non-stop.  She loves exploring our neighborhood as much as I do and we discover so many favorite little spots.  We even found a property with a horse (or more like a pony, I should say.)   The views are always quite lovely, too.  Bruce and I had our thirty-ninth wedding anniversary on July 18th and I made a point of walking past the house where we had our wedding reception.  I told my friend, "Thirty-nine years ago today, there was a big party g

Spinach Stuffed Cod

Last night, I was in the mood for a healthy dinner so decided to experiment with a recipe I found from a blog called Creative in My Kitchen . Lauren and Ari brought us French cookies back from their trip to Paris and I basically inhaled them. They were so good! We were cat-sitting their two cats while they were gone. They liked lounging in the strangest places...  I found one of their toys while I was cleaning so Lauren stopped by last night to pick it up on her way home from work. I was experimenting with this recipe which originally called for chicken breast but I thought it sounded good to substitute fish instead since I'm always looking for good fish recipes. We all thought it was totally delicious. When I went to the grocery store, they had Icelandic cod on sale so I bought about 2 pounds of that. You could use any white fish for this recipe such as:                                                                   true cod or other cod rockfish halibut had