Skip to main content

Pub Crawl


This weekend, my brother is having a Pub Crawl in Seattle and even though "no girls allowed" is rule # 1, I'm still going to enjoy myself while I'm here.  Nick and Bruce are participating in it and we will meet at the Mariner game tonight. Same for tomorrow.  The Pub Crawl continues after the game and then my brother will allow me (or "girls") to join in.  At least, he did the last time. Here's a photo I took of them during the last Pub Crawl when I met them at the Pyramid Alehouse before going across the street to the Mariner game.



After the game, we went to Hale's Brewery for stout floats which I had never had before and they were delicious!


At Hale's, they bring out a big platter of brownies with the stout floats.  It takes a certain kind of stout for the stout float to taste so delicious and Hales makes the right kind.


As you can see, everyone is feeling pretty good by the end of the day of pub crawling.  Rich claims they don't get drunk because they only take small samples of each beer at each pub.  They enjoy the atmosphere of each place and sample the pub food, as well, so it's more than just drinking beer all day.  So, he says…

We started the weekend off last night by having the above beers: Mac and Jack's and a Deschutes Twilight at Duke's.  

It was a lovely evening to sit outside at Duke's


right across the street from Green Lake where Nick and Lauren use to play at the peanut pool.


Duke's Chowder House is known for fish so I had their special of Parmesan Halibut 


but their Fish and Chips are always good, too, since you get Sweet Potato Fries.  Yummy!


After dinner we took a stroll for dessert and ended up at Ben and Jerry's.


Everything is so upscale now from when we lived here.



I love looking at all the shops and neat stuff to buy.


Desserts are certainly not a shortage of any kind around here.


So many good things to eat and drink in Seattle.  Bruce and Nick are ready to head out and start experiencing some serious pub food and beverage.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meatloaf by Mark Bittman

Once again, I turned on the television yesterday and saw that Mark Bittman was on the Today show and was making his version of  meatloaf .  This must be meatloaf season.  It was surprisingly similar to the  Pioneer Woman's version  who was also recently on.   I was a little surprised of his version because Mark Bittman is into healthy eating and has lost a lot of weight and improved his health by changing his diet which he writes about in his book,  Food Matters .  His meatloaf recipe also included bacon and cheese!  I must be doing something wrong.  The thing to remember, which he writes about in his book, is that you can eat healthy without going extreme or changing your whole life.    If you don't know who Mark Bittman is, he is a food writer and a four star chef with multiple cookbooks who loves to eat but changed his food philosophy to improve his health.  He tells his story in Food Matters and provides a plan for responsible eating that covers a no-nonsense rundown on

Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't have very many gluten-free cookies on my blog because quite frankly, I usually don't like gluten-free.  But occasionally, I do find a good recipe and this is one that is from the back of the Trader Joe's oatmeal and it's a good one.  My friend brought some over to our house last weekend when Nick and family were here for our birthday celebrations  and we all loved them. My friends lives a few blocks away and we walk the neighborhood together on weekends.  We can easily go 5 miles in no time, talking non-stop.  She loves exploring our neighborhood as much as I do and we discover so many favorite little spots.  We even found a property with a horse (or more like a pony, I should say.)   The views are always quite lovely, too.  Bruce and I had our thirty-ninth wedding anniversary on July 18th and I made a point of walking past the house where we had our wedding reception.  I told my friend, "Thirty-nine years ago today, there was a big party g

Spinach Stuffed Cod

Last night, I was in the mood for a healthy dinner so decided to experiment with a recipe I found from a blog called Creative in My Kitchen . Lauren and Ari brought us French cookies back from their trip to Paris and I basically inhaled them. They were so good! We were cat-sitting their two cats while they were gone. They liked lounging in the strangest places...  I found one of their toys while I was cleaning so Lauren stopped by last night to pick it up on her way home from work. I was experimenting with this recipe which originally called for chicken breast but I thought it sounded good to substitute fish instead since I'm always looking for good fish recipes. We all thought it was totally delicious. When I went to the grocery store, they had Icelandic cod on sale so I bought about 2 pounds of that. You could use any white fish for this recipe such as:                                                                   true cod or other cod rockfish halibut had